Pointer Model 800 Series ELT is designed to comply with the requirments of TSO-C126a and COSPA/SARSAT C/S T.001.
The ELT transmits on 406/121.5 MHz and is comprised of six interchangeable modules providing quick turnaround repair, replacement or reprogramming.
A cockpit panel monitor/switch is supplied with all models to provide test, reset and RF/battery status indicators required by RTCA DO-204a
The remote switch is completely self-contained and powered by the ELT battery.
A low profile 406/121.5 MHz monopole antenna, (PN 8001-15) is provided with standard equipment.
- This antenna will mount in existing PN 3001-10 and PN 3001-12 mount holes.
Pointer 8000-1 ELT is a self-contained Emergency Locator Transmitter capable of automatic ot manual operation (AF). Also it conforms to the new TSO-C-126a digital ELT specification requiring that each ELT transmits a unique identifying message, greatly reducing the impact of false alarms which have trouble previous AM 121.5 MHz ELT technology.
- A high impact, high visibility, fire retardant, waterproof case
- A fused battery pacl consisting of three Lithium Manganese Dioxide "D" Cells in an impact resistant polystyrene foam housing (Part Number 8008)
- An impact-sensing "G" switch tailored to the requirements of aircrat ELT application
- RF output coaxial connector
- 2 Status indicator LEDs
- One for the battery
- One for the RF output levels
- A master "ON-Off-AUTO" toggle switch
- A "test" pushbutton switch
- A remote control and status-indicator connection jack