Loctite® E-60NC™ Hysol® Epoxy Adhesive (formally Durabond E-60NC) is a general purpose, electrically non-corrosive potting compound and multi-surface structural adhesive with a 60-minute working life. Black, opaque, low viscosity. Adhesive for fiber optic components.
LOCTITE® Hysol® Product E-60NC is a flowable, industrial grade epoxy potting compound with extended work life. Once mixed, the two-part epoxy cures at room temperature to form a rigid, black encapsulant that is non-corrosive to metallic components on PC Boards and electronic assemblies. The fully cured epoxy provides excellent environmental and chemical resistance, and acts as an electrical insulator.
Directions for use
- For high strength structural bonds, removal of surface contaminates such as paint, oxide films, oils, dust, mold release agents and all other surface contaminates.
- Use gloves to minimize skin contact. DO NOT use solvents for cleaning hands.
- Dual Cartridges: To use simply insert the cartridge into the application gun and start the plunger into the cylinders using light pressure on the trigger. Next, remove the cartridge cap and expel a small amount of adhesive to be sure both sides are flowing evenly and freely. If automatic mixing of resin and hardener is desired, attach the mixing nozzle to the end of the cartridge and begin dispensing the adhesive. For hand mixing, expel the desired amount of the adhesive and mix thoroughly. Mix approximately 15 seconds after uniform color is obtained. Bulk Containers: Mix thoroughly by weight or volume in the proportions specified in Properties of Uncured Material section. Mix vigorously approximately 15 seconds after uniform color is obtained.
- For maximum bond strength apply adhesive evenly to both surfaces to be joined.
- Application to the substrates should be made within 60 minutes. Larger quantities and/or higher temperatures will reduce this working time.
- Join the adhesive coated surfaces and allow to cure at 25°C (77°F) for 24 hours for high strength. Heat up to 93°C (200°F), will speed curing.
- Keep parts from moving during cure. Contact pressure is necessary. Maximum shear strength is obtained with a 3-9 mil bond line.
- Excess uncured adhesive can be cleaned up with ketone type solvents.
Product shall be ideally stored in a cool, dry location in unopened containers at a temperature between 8°C to 28°C (46°F to 82°F) unless otherwise labeled. Optimal storage is at the lower half of this temperature range. To prevent contamination of unused product, do not return any material to its original container.